Visit Visa

There are four types of visitors that are provided for in the Immigration Rules: standard visitors; marriage/civil partnership visitors who are coming to the UK to get married; "permitted paid engagements visitors" (which allows experts in their field to come to the UK for panel work for up to one month); and transit visitors who enter the UK for up to 48 hours on route to another country.
Visa nationals need to get a visa before coming to the UK as a visitor and non-visa nationals get entry at the border.

ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation)

From the end of 2024 all non-visa nationals will need Electronic Travel Authorisation before travelling to the UK for a visit. The rules already apply for nationals of Qatar (from 15 November 2023) and for nationals of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and UAE (from 22 February 2024). The primary purpose is to screen non-visa nationals before they come to the UK and reduce the number of people refused at the border.

Experienced Immigration Lawyers

We have been helping clients solve their personal immigration problems for over 25 years. To find out if we can assist you and then to arrange an initial fixed fee consultation, contact our experienced team in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Get in touch

Our team of solicitors is available for in-person consultations, as well as telephone and video appointments. Schedule a meeting today.