This route is for the grandchildren of British citizens who have emigrated (e.g. Grandma emigrated to Canada in 1970 and her Canadian grandson wishes to rely on his Grandma's British citizenship as a way of living in the UK. It is only available to grandchildren who are citizens of the Commonwealth.

The grandchild must show that they are able to work in the UK and meet the requirements relating to finances. The rules generously provide for partners and children to accompany the main applicant.

Experienced Immigration Lawyers

We have been helping clients solve their personal immigration problems for over 25 years. To find out if we can assist you and then to arrange an initial fixed fee consultation, contact our experienced team in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Get in touch

Our team of solicitors is available for in-person consultations, as well as telephone and video appointments. Schedule a meeting today.