About this property
This deceptively spacious cottage of pink brick construction is found at the end of small row dating back to around 1880. The property now benefits from an attic conversion and the reconfigured layout (92 sqm) is versatile. It provides a downstairs shower room and third bedroom so will to appeal to purchasers of all age groups. Many improvements have taken place in recent weeks including requiring and total redecoration so the property really is in true ‘move-in’ condition. There is also a living room, dining room and enlarged fitted kitchen/breakfast room downstairs. Two double bedrooms and a large bathroom are found upstairs. Modern gas central heating is complemented by double glazing (some Velux windows).
There is a level patio and garden found to the rear which is fully enclosed.
This south-eastern suburb of Edinburgh has greatly expanded in recent years through modern housing. It is only 5 miles from Princes Street and lies right on the boundary with East Lothian. Due to the opening of the local rail station (Edinburgh/Scottish Borders line) and Park & Ride, this area is now a most convenient commuter base. These traditional cottage front Newcraighall Road quite literally only a few yards away from the extensive Fort Kinnaird Retail Park where major retail options, coffee shops and restaurants abound. Recreational options including a modern gym, cinema, country walks, a choice of golf courses and the coast are readily accessible.
The fitted floor coverings, blinds, wardrobes, curtains, light fittings, oven, hob, hood, washing machine and fridge/freezer are included in the sale price.
The property has been valued by surveyors at £210,000.
Viewing is by appointment with the Agent 0131 243 1230 (or 075958 20611 out with office hours).
EPC D and Council Tax Band C
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Public Rooms
- Priority: On Market
- Tenure: Freehold
- New home
- No Chain
- Measurement: 3.83m x 4.80m / 12'7" x 15'9"
- Description: A pleasant walk-through public room with window to rear, staircase and access door to the kitchen
- Measurement: 3.35m x 3.62m / 11'0" x 11'11"
- Description: A further public room which is positioned to the front.
- Measurement: 2.65m x 4.18m / 8'8" x 13'9"
- Description: A large and well fitted 2-windowed kitchen with breakfast bar and door to rear garden. There are ample units, worktops and appliances are included.
- Measurement: 2.70m x 3.66m / 8'10" x 12'0"
- Description: A downstairs double bedroom with window to front
- Measurement: 0.80m x 2.25m / 2'7" x 7'5"
- Description: A downstairs shower room with recessed shower cubicle, hand basin and W.C.
- Measurement: 3.35m x 3.10m / 11'0" x 10'2"
- Description: A master bedroom on the upper floor with fitted wardrobes and Velux window
- Measurement: 2.20m x 4.32m / 7'3" x 14'2"
- Description: A second double bedroom with Velux window
- Measurement: 2.92m x 2.25m / 9'7" x 7'5"
- Description: A spacious bathroom with bath, wash hand basin, W.,C. and Velux window