Drummond Miller LLP is a leading law firm and has its Head Office in Edinburgh. The firm has an excellent reputation in various legal sectors, including Litigation, Medical Negligence, Family Law, Immigration, Private Client and Conveyancing.
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time solicitor to join our busy Litigation team in Edinburgh as soon as possible.
You will be involved in a variety of civil litigation, including personal injury, medical negligence, judicial review, appeals, interdicts and commercial actions, in both the Court of Session and Sheriff Court, as well as at the pre-litigation stage. You will have responsibility for your own clients, as well as assisting your colleagues and correspondent firms with their cases, and will be well-supported by two experienced Partners.
Core Legal Tasks:
- Meeting and interviewing clients and witnesses
- Undertaking research and providing legal advice
- Pursuing claims and court actions for clients and correspondents
- Appearing in the Sheriff Court/ASPIC and attending court hearings in the Court of Session
- Drafting statements, court writs and other documents
- Attending consultations
- Managing a complex and busy workload and taking responsibility for your own caseload
- Managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines whilst working under pressure
- Using your own initiative
- Excellent written and communication skills, allowing you to communicate clearly and effectively with a broad range of clients, colleagues, other professionals and lay-people
- Experience of and willingness to appear in the Sheriff Court/ASPIC
- Strong team-player
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent client care skills and ability to manage client expectations
- Strong research skills and a genuine interest in this area of work
- Some experience of Legal Aid would be of benefit but is not essential
- Good IT skills, including use of Excel
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and covering letter, setting out your current or most recent salary, benefits package and salary expectations, to: email@example.com by 5pm on 18th October 2019.