Reporting to Chief Operations Officer
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the role will be to manage and maintain the client balances and support fee earners in keeping on top of client matter and WIP balances. By helping develop the Case Management Systems ensuring the business keeps on top of client balances and remains compliant with LSS regulation as well as ensuring WIP is accurate and up to date. This role will also provide financial control by managing the purchase invoice process and will manage the nominal ledger balances.
The role will be based in our Edinburgh office, with occasional travel to other offices required. While the role reports to the COO, the successful candidate will work closely with the different areas of the business to help understanding and drive improvements.
- Previous experience of working in a professional services environment
- Work closely with the COO to maintain, manage and support the firm’s client database
- Maintain the current client balances.
- Identify and implement ways to improve financial control
- Assist with completion of month- and year-end processing of client data
- Establish good working relationships with the all areas of the business to provide a service to develop the system and workflows
- Manage and control the Purchase Ledger
- Provide nominal analysis to ensure accurate posting and reporting of firm transactions
- Dynamic self-starter with proven ability to work both independently as part of a team
- Ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively with staff at all levels
- Highly effective communicator, both in writing and verbally, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain EnglishAnalytical thinker, with the ability to consider multiple options and identify the optimal solution
- Team player with an enthusiastic and collaborative approach
- Professional attitude and manner
- Experience of working in a law firm or other professional practice is highly desirable
- Understand of accounting concepts around maintenance of client balances
- Analytical skills, ability to troubleshoot and investigate posting differences
- Ability to improve financial controls
- Excellent communication skills are required for this role
To apply for this role please submit your CV along with a cover letting containing your current salary and notice period to Ihartley@drummondmiller.co.uk by 5pm 9th August 2019.